4650 Mercury Street
San Diego, CA 92111
Easy access from the 805, 163 and 15 freeways.
In keeping with recent developments in the national concert industry, other major performing arts institutions, and Center for Diseases Control and Prevention and state guidelines, the following audience protocols will be implemented until further notice.
*As of May 1, 2022, the COVID policy for all SDMT Stage events will be as follows:
- Masks are strongly encouraged for everyone while not actively eating or drinking.
- Vaccination/testing documentation is NOT required for indoor or outdoor events
- If you are feeling sick or exhibiting any COVID-19-like symptoms, or if you have been exposed to COVID-19 within five days of attending your performance, we recommend you stay home and contact our Patron Manager to reschedule your tickets. They can be reached at (858) 560- 5740 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recording devices of any type are prohibited in the SDMT Stage Theatre.
- Patrons are asked to turn cellular telephones off or to a “no sound” setting upon entering the theatre. Please, no texting during the performance.
- As a courtesy to our performing company and all of our patrons, late comers will be seated at the discretion of the house management and may be seated in the nearest available seat, regardless of your actual seat assignment, until intermission when you may take your regularly assigned seat. Please stay seated until the final curtain call has ended, and the house lights have been turned on.
- Patrons are discouraged from bringing infants, toddlers and children under the age of five to performances. If a child or adult is causing a disturbance to other patrons, house management reserves the right to ask that child or adult to be removed from the theatre.
- Smoking is not permitted in the SDMT Stage Theatre at any time.
The SDMT Stage has a concessions stand that offers a variety of candy and snacks, cold soft drinks, and bottled water for our patrons.
Rowdy or drunken behavior will not be tolerated, and patrons who exhibit these traits may be asked to leave the premises.
Please note: Food may not be eaten inside the theatre during live performances, but beverages may be taken in with a cover. No outside food or beverages are allowed into The SDMT Stage.
As a courtesy to our performing company and all of our patrons, late comers will be seated at the discretion of the house management and may be seated in the nearest available seat (regardless of their actual seat assignment) until intermission.
The SDMT Stage is accessible to all our patrons. There are restrooms with easy access and dedicated stalls located on the first floor in the theatre lobby. Please advise the Box Office of your special needs when you make your reservation.