BROADWAY STYLES CLASS
The intention of Our Broadway Styles Series is to have each Academy performer be confident & trained in mastering whatever style show they’re auditioning for and get cast in!
MUSICAL THEATRE FUNDAMENTALS
Whether you’re already actively participating in Musical Theatre, or just starting out, these workshops will give you valuable knowledge, insight, and the self-esteem to pursue theatre either as a career, or simply just for fun!
ADULT CLASS SERIES
The intention of our Adult Class Series is to provide a safe, nurturing environment for performers over 18 years young to come train, learn and grow. Here you’ll study with working professional experts to develop powerful audition and performance techniques that will help you book jobs and give you more dynamic performances!
DRAMA FREE DANCE
with Natalie Nucci
February 18 | 11-12pm
ALL LEVELS WELCOME
Join us February 18th to learn Broadway inspired choreography in a safe, supportive environment with the amazing Broadway alumni, Natalie Nucci. This Oscar & Golden Globe award winning movie pays homage to the Golden Age of Hollywood and has reinvigorated America’s love of musicals!
Let’s flashback to the ’50’s and 60’s heyday with Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse style dancing. Put on your vintage colorful dresses, your sweater pant suits with spats and come have some fun!
Dance . Learn . Smile . Grow .
YOUTH DAYTIME CLASSES
Our daytime youth classes are designed to provide an open, diverse, supportive, collaborative environment for the kids and teens to build a community with those who share the same passion for performing, while vastly expanding and enriching their Musical Theatre and performance skills.
THESE CLASSES WILL..
- TEACH you different aspects of musical theatre through scene work, improvisation, creative story telling, and audition techniques.
- STRENGTHEN your interview, audition, public speaking, and performance skills.
- Build TRUST with yourself and others through listening, interacting, and making creative choices… not only as a performer but also in life.
- Give you CONFIDENCE, SELF-ESTEEM and the LEADERSHIP SKILLS you need to walk into any audition or performance powerfully and ready to go!
- Build LIFE-LONG FRIENDSHIPS and have tons of fun with others in your community!
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT THE PROGRAM
“What a refreshing, welcome educational opportunity for all young performers to receive professional mentorship and training in their desired field! SDMT has already led the field in setting an example of giving back to the community and reminding all that there is a greater stage than just the ones they are performing on. They now continue to lead the field by creating new avenues for young performers to receive experienced leadership.”
– Jennifer Zelles (Parent of student)
“What an awesome experience for these young performers. A few of my students attended and they had nothing but positive things to say about all aspects of this program. Well done, SDMT!”
– Chrissy Burns (Theatre professional)
“It was an amazing experience for our daughter. She can’t wait to attend next year’s camp! Thank you so much!”
– Meredith D’Anchise Kolod (Parent of student)