All rates effective Jan 15, 2018
Subject to change without notice
SDMT is happy to offer its beautiful 240-seat space throughout the year, for daily and weekly rentals. We welcome inquiries from all arts groups (non-profit and for-profit), corporate groups and private parties.
THEATRE RENTAL RATES
For-Profit Rate: $900 (per day) | $5,400 (weekly)
Non-Profit Rate: $700 (per day) | $4,200 (weekly)
Labor Fee (per hour)
$35 Technical Director
$25 House Manager
over 8 hours in a day @ 1 ½ x
over 10 hours in a day @ 2 x
over 40 hours in a week @ 1 ½ x
The above rates are for the rental of the Theatre only. Additional costs for equipment and labor (including setup and restore) will be determined by the Booking Manager after consultation with the renter.
RENTER MUST PROVIDE
Signed Agreement along with the following items:
- 50% Non-refundable Deposit to hold the date
- $500 damage deposit, to be returned to the renter, within 14 days of conclusion of the scheduled event, depending on the state of the facility.
- Written proof of current liability insurance that covers the event and all related activities, with San Diego Musical Theatre as additional insured.
- Full Schedule of Day(s)
- Technical Rider
- SDMT does not provide ticketing services.
- The Box Office is strictly for SDMT productions and will maintain its regular business hours throughout your rental period.
- Each event is assigned a Technical Director who must be present whenever the renters are in the building.
- SDMT Staff must be engaged to operate any and all equipment.
- Any alterations to the state of the stage may ONLY be made by SDMT Theatre Staff.
- There is no on-stage audience seating.
- Renters must work with the SDMT production set and lighting as-is, if SDMT production is in progress.
- Renters may not video-record their events if an SDMT production is in progress, due to copyright of the production set designs.
- Renters must return the theatre to its original appearance (i.e. cleanup is required after your event).
- Payment must be made in full before access to the venue will be granted.
- If needed, concessions are run by the Horton Grand Hotel and can be arranged through SDMT.